

Last weekend, on the 12th, Jeri and I walked in the first annual believe and walk for the cure, a cancer walk in Redlands. The walk was 5 kilometers long. There were about 2,000 participants and over $200,000 was raised for cancer research at Loma Linda University. It was a truly inspirational experience walking with survivors of different types of cancer. The walk was inspired by a great friend of Jeri's, Sophia Sellas. Sophia's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer about 7 years ago. She overcame the disease and along with two other strong women organized this walk . We feel truly blessed to be a part of something so big and so positive.
Jeri is doing well is school - last quarter she got straight "A's". She just started the second quarter of her second year. Only 2 and 3/4 years to go :)! This quarter she is learning to do crowns and dentures. Something I know nothing about.....but am aware that it takes a ton of lab work. It is impressive that they learn so much in such a short amount of time.
I am doing well also. The dear old U or R is treating me well. Basketball season starts today so I am excited to see how well those teams do! Coach Aipa (my assistant) has been a real god send. It is unfortunate for us that this is his last year at Redlands. Time for me to start finding his replacement. Coach and I have continued to work on the "Bone Yard" adding dip bars and teaching some of the women's sports to flip tires (they weight about 300 lbs.)! A real Rocky type of training and is a lot of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment